June 26, 2020: this contest is closed, and the winning number was 2.
The Miramichi Reader in association with Newfoundland & Labrador’s Breakwater Books is happy to announce an exclusive summer giveaway of a trio of books to kickstart your summer reading. Included in this bundle are:
- Melt by Heidi Wicks: “Shifting radiantly between the late nineties and the present day, Melt explores the life-sustaining anatomy of friendship and the complex relationships we have with our pasts.”
- Lost in Newfoundland by Michael Winsor: “Lost in Newfoundland is an artistic compendium of Newfoundland’s visual wonders—its seascapes, landscapes, cityscapes, and natural inhabitants.
- Some People’s Children by Bridget Canning: “Canning has crafted a crew of complicated people who are realistic in their flaws, routines, and idiosyncrasies.” (Gemma Marr, The Miramichi Reader) **A Miramichi Reader 2020 longlist nominee for Best Fiction!
One winner will be chosen at random and Breakwater Books will ship the books fresh from their warehouse to any Canadian address. To enter, carefully follow these directions:
- Leave an affirmative, unambiguous comment expressing your interest in winning these books. For example: “count me in!” qualifies while a comment like “great contest!” while appreciated, does not qualify as an entry.
- This contest will be announced on social media, but only comments (see above) left under this post officially count.
- You must be willing to have your email address shared with Breakwater Books so they can contact you regarding your address.
- While it is not a requirement, please consider subscribing to our weekly email newsletter which is delivered every Monday morning. See the form below. All we require is your first name and email address, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
All comments need approval, so be patient if yours doesn’t appear immediately. They will be approved in the order received and assigned a number. This number is needed for randomized selection at the giveaway’s end, in about one week from the date of this post (approx. June 29th).