It was an enjoyable evening spent chatting with other authors and publishers online at the Atlantic Book Awards Gala on the evening of May 13th, 2021.
There were 69 titles nominated out of which just a few were awarded prizes. Here are the books which won that were reviewed here at The Miramichi Reader. Each link will take you to a new tab in your browser.
- Acadian Driftwood by Tyler LeBlanc (Two awards: Evelyn Richardson Non-Fiction Award and the D-250 Atlantic Book Award for Historical Writing)
- The Spoon Stealer by Lesley Crewe (Jim Connors Dartmouth Book Award (Fiction))
- Blood in the Water by Silver Donald Cameron (Robbie Robertson Dartmouth Book Award (Non-Fiction))
- Year of the Metal Rabbit by Tammy Armstrong (Maxine Tynes Nova Scotia Poetry Award)
- Dirty Birds by Morgan Murray (The Atlantic Publishers Marketing Association Best Atlantic-Published Book Award, goes to Breakwater Books for Dirty Birds)
- Speechless by Anne Simpson (Thomas Raddall Atlantic Fiction Award)
All the winners, past and present can be found here: http://atlanticbookawards.ca/finalists-winners/